Even though the 24-hour news networks have been covering the Tucson tragedy, citizen investigative journalists have been digging up issues related to Jared Loughner and the political environment that has been fingered as the main accomplice in the crime.
NowPublic has been current and has continually posted stories.
- Jared Loughner’s mug shot and court appearance
- Jordan Yerman noticed that talk radio host Joyce Kaufman (“If ballots don’t work, bullets will”) had gone silent on her Twitter account. As of this writing, her Twitter account if offline.
- The Westboro Baptist Church specifically targets 9-year-old victim Christina Green in its vitriol
- NowPublic links to Jared Loughner’s YouTube channel and finds that Rep. Gabrielle Giffords had subscribed to it.
- Of course, we need a conspiracy theory.