Join our team
We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about citizen journalism to help us curate the news about the news. Ideally, OMNI works the best when we have voices from around the world participating in the larger conversation about citizen journalism. We have an enthusiastic talented team, and we want more talented passionate people to join us.
We are not looking for reporters. That’s not within OMNI’s scope. We need people who can update us on what’s happening in the world of citizen journalism along with opinions and tips. We can even provide you with sources to mine for ideas and stories.
This is a volunteer position. If you actively write for OMNI and run a website related to citizen journalism we can add a link to your site on our sidebar. You can also promote your site and projects in your profile.
Here are the qualifications:
- Passion for citizen journalism as a topic
- Fluent in English
- Able to use sources reliably
- Able to communicate clearly with a distinct voice
- Able to contribute at least 2 posts per month
If you are interested here’s what to do.
1. Contact us with the subject “Curator,” and tell us who you are and why you are interested.
2. If approved, we will work with you in creating posts as a Curator Trainee.
3. After a trial period and approval of the Board of Curators, we will ask you to join us as a full Curator.
Simple as that. We look forward to hearing from you.